Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Still crazy after all these years


Well, I did it. I signed up for the dumb night-time, in the dark, over-the-river-and-through-the-woods crazy 10k trail run on February 13. And I'm planning on running a 10k the next morning. Yep, this was pretty painful last year. But th-th-th-that that don't kill me can only make me stronger (thanks, Kayne). And I should have sufficient recovery time before Fall marathon season if I bust my arse again. This year, I procured some better lighting:




And I plan to run like a sissy. Like a safe, injury-free sissy. In other hilarious news, my sister's treadmill declared war on her. I haven't run on a treadmill in almost a decade, but, then, it's been in the 60s/70s here, so there is really no need. However, she's located darn close to the frozen tundra, and has 4 kids (who constitute 2/3 of my starting offensive line for the 2025 GB Packers), so it's a necessary evil. Apparently, it gives her a mile to warm up then arbitrarily gives her "Fartleks," speeding up to 10 mph. Hee.

No comments: