Sunday, July 20, 2008

SARR Women's 5k painful pic


Well, about 9 hours after finishing the Chupacabra 10k night trail run, and after about 4.5 hours of sleep, the race gun for the Women's 5k run sounded. And I was already hurting. It turned out that my fall during the Chupacabra netted me a bruised hip, knee, elbow, and hand. What hadn't hurt the night before was throbbing at the start line.

So, I ran the race, which started downhill, with the last mile uphill and an uphill finish (yuck). I was quite a bit slower than normal - by 2 minutes - but just kept thinking of getting home, taking a bunch of Motrin, and sleeping. Here I am thinking "2 more miles, 2 more miles." Next time I'll think twice before running 2 races in 12 hours.

The women's 5k is neat though - only women running with an all-male volunteer corps. Another nemesis, Liza Hunter-Galvan, also ran (and won) the race. *note* Liza is super nice, but is a nemesis due to her age (my age group) and her super speed. Anyway, Liza was running even though she'll be running the marathon for New Zealand at the Olympics in just a few weeks. Here's Liza with Sally#1 and Liza's daughter, Teigan. I may not have beat Liza, but I did beat little Teigan. Just not by much.

No comments: