The Brak Pak technically BBQs in Koehler Park (on the other side of the river from Brackenridge Park), but everyone calls the whole park "Brackenridge." Here's why:
George Brackenridge continued to donate land to enlarge the park. His gifts included Mahncke Park, which he asked to be named in honor of his friend Ludwig, as well as property comprising the today’s golf driving range (formerly the polo field). The park was further enlarged through the generosity of other donors. In 1915, Emma Koehler donated property west of the River where the Confederate tannery had been located. She dedicated the park to her deceased husband, Otto, who had owned the Pearl Brewery, and insisted that alcohol be permitted in the park. (By contrast, Brackenridge had prohibited consumption of alcohol in "his" park.)
History by: Maria Pfeiffer, Special Projects Officer, San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department
Want To See How Future Zoos Would Look Like?
37 minutes ago