Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Post Prickly Pear Pics

Yep, say that three times fast - post prickly pear pics, prickly post pear pics...

Here are the pictures after the Prickly Pear 10m/50k trail run. It was a long day. I got there around 6:30 a.m. (later than I wanted -dogs seem to be like kids - getting them and their gear in the car takes TIME - alone, I can be out of the house in 15 minutes post wake-up). Anyway, after handing out encouragement and fuel, the last 50k runners passed our station at 1:00 p.m (with about 8 miles of trails to go).

So, Dingo the Stray, Gwen, and I headed to the finish line for refreshments.



This is my best post-race shot ever (oh wait, perhaps because I didn't run - I was just tired and my shoulder hurt). I'm talking to Sally #1 (I'm Sally #2). We decided awhile ago to be known by #1 and #2 rather than "big" and "small" or "old" and "young." The dogs were locked in the trunk. [kidding - I have a hatchback, so unless I want my car's interior to die, the dogs 'come with.' They were actually tied off to the table there - enjoying the love and fajita meat everyone was giving them.]
And a bow to our frequent sponsor, Alamo Ale:


Thanks to Tom Lake for the pics.

No comments: