Saturday, September 20, 2008

PAIN-iformis



Well, I was right. It's piriformis syndrome and it's a pain in the butt. The doc said less running (not happening), ice, heat, motrin. She offered an anti-inflammatory shot in the butt, and I balked. I generally elect not to get stabbed with sharp things. But when I told her that tomorrow's run is 17 miles, she said "get the shot." So, I feel better for now - no stabbing pain, just achy - but this will only last a couple of days. The orthopedist will likely only be able to do the same - steroid shots and that nasty look they give when they say "and lay off the running." *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Have you tried IB-Relief? It's an anti-inflammatory rub that I've always had a lot of good luck with. My achilles is behaving again after I used it for a few days on that flare-up. I'd give it a try.