Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ain't Nothin' Gonna Hold Me Back

It didn't matter that I suffered 'intestinal distress' all last week, nor did it matter that my hip was still killing me. It didn't matter that my body went on strike and slept in (late!) on Saturday, meaning that I had to run 14 miles on Sunday. I still made it to the Labor Day Whine Run in the hill country to take some nice, ugly race pics. This is one I like to call the "sleepy chicken."
Yeah, with the long run on Sunday, generally cruddy feeling, and hills, I decided to take this race nice and easy. The race involved 5 miles of hills and, this year, nearly 800 runners/walkers. Even though I thought the route was easier than past years' routes, I still finished a pathetic 5 minutes over last year's time. Pathetic is pretty much how this one looks, too, but a little less chicken-like:


I recovered over a glass (or two) of wine at the vineyard, however, and went home to crash on the couch. Tonight - 7 or 8 miles, I'm sure.

[Katrina - looks like you got me by 8 places in the evil age group!]

No comments: