Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This part sucks

There have been a couple of points in my life that I had to remind myself that "this part sucks." And that's just how it is - you have to get past that part. These parts have ranged from a 0.09-3 (on a scale of 1-10) due to teenage angst or the Army, to closer to a 6, when I was throwing myself major pity parties. At that part, I tried to focus on the fact that I did not have a health crisis or another permanent "suckage," and that, while that part sucked, it could only get better. It always has. I just had to get past the part that sucked.

So, this is minor "suckage" on the scale from 1-10. Right now, I'm at the "this part sucks" point in marathon training. I recognize it - no pity parties - but I still don't like it. I'm right at the point when training starts eating up TIME, I have to schedule everything around running 7-8-14 miles, I hurt, I'm paranoid about injuries, I have to make sure I sleep, I have to concentrate on eating right, and it's just work. All while it's still HOT Summer. The worst part is completing 13 mile runs with that (LOUD) voice in my head saying "you can't run more than double this, wuss." I dislike that voice. It sucks.

Anyway, I know this part sucks. In a couple of weeks, it'll be routine and fun again to take the road for hours at a time. I can run 26.2. I just need to get past this part that sucks.

(If Mom's reading this - sorry for all the "sucks," I know you don't like that phrase - but I never made it through any issues thinking "this part only stinks!")

No comments: