Monday, August 25, 2008

Race shirts

In my quest to take the best ugly race pic possible, I register for and run a lot of races. They all come with a "free" t-shirt. At first, I kept and cherished all of these shirts, but didn't necessarily wear many of them. In most cases, a shirt was worn once after the race and then took up residence on the rack. As they took over my closet, I still could not bear to part with many. Even donating them to local charities was not a good option, since employees at two of the agencies told me they receive so many t-shirts, they often can't even sell them as rags and just throw them away.

Then, I discovered teecycle. This is the brainchild of a guy who may be lacking a brain, since he decided it would be a good idea to bicycle from Denver to Milwaukee. He has a heart, though, and even donates a dollar per shirt to the River Revitalization Foundation to restore urban river trails and waterways in Milwaukee. Cool - though he may not think so after I cleaned out the closet and sent him a truckload of t-shirts, but they may all find good homes, after all.

Anyway, if you check out Teecycle.org, you'll see my latest donation - and the cool Hustler tee I picked up for my sis!

No comments: