Monday, November 1, 2010

Feast of the Heart & Dia de los perros

On Saturday, I ran the Feast of the Heart 5k at McAllister Park.  There were no age group awards, so I took it pretty easy and enjoyed a nice, cool run.  Afterward, Gwen, Dingo, and I costumed up and headed to Green Dog Kennels for El Dia de los Perros

Dingo wore the x-large doggie Packers jersey, but Gwen was too 'big boned' for dog sizes  (?!).  So, she got to wear my away jersey and I wore an old Favre PACKERS jersey.  It is really quite difficult to dress a wiggly pitoodle in a football jersey.  The dogs had a great time at the event and we tied for 1st place in the owner look-a-like contest!



The event raised over $2,500 for the Converse Animal Shelter and got 3 doggies adopted.  I tried to trade mine in, but they wouldn't allow that.  But they did get their caricature done.


Unfortunately, somehow while trying to wrangle two baddogs, I wrenched my knee.  So, I've been icing and resting it - since the San Antonio Rock N Roll marathon is in about two weeks.

No comments: