Monday, October 27, 2008

the pain, the pain

Okay, orthobutcher might have been (a little) right. I'm experiencing some delayed onset muscle pain from the crazy relay this weekend - and now back pain. I haven't had this in quite awhile and it's echoing from L4-L5 to the hip - straight out spasms. I don't need the doc to tell me that - I dealt with the dual muscle spasms all day. Damn Army. Damn running. Damn relay. I really just don't want to deal with a failed back until I'm at least over 40.

So, I decided to swap walking the pitoodle, lying around, and making pasta salad for the final zoo run for a 5-miler today. I'm technically tapering, so it's okay. I'm hoping to wake up semi (back) pain free. Sometimes that works. Until then, I'll think happy thoughts. Like the fact that another un-worn shirt of mine sold on teecycle.org. It's kind of like watching ebay, but I don't profit - but $1 of the sale of that shirt was donated to the River Revitalization Foundation to restore urban river trails and waterways. So cool.

And I know that made everything better!

No comments: