Monday, October 20, 2008

"I think we will vow never to do this one again"

I totally swiped the title from an email of a buddy (Carolyn) who had the same not-so-good idea I did. It started awhile ago with this:

"You and 11 of your closest friends running day and night, relay-style, through some of the most scenic terrain North America could muster. Add in live bands, inside jokes and a mild case of sleep deprivation. The result? Some call it a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant. We call it a Ragnar Relay."

Sure, what a great idea. Let's run 182.4 miles from San Antonio to Austin (the long way), sleeping in vehicles along the way, mere weeks before the Rock N Roll San Antonio marathon. GREAT IDEA! Well, it DID seem like it at that time. Now, I'm not sure I can pack enough ice.

So, Carolyn will be runner #1 and I am #2, running from San Antonio to Austin on Friday and Saturday in our debut - and likely only - Ragnar relay!

No comments: