Monday, September 27, 2010

Premarathon nerves

I don't usually get nervous.  Except when I have to go to the doctor, get a shot, or jump/fall off high things.  But speaking in front of crowds, running most races, and other sometimes intimidating situations do not really bother me too much.  But, the last weeks before the marathon always make me anxious.  I worry about sustaining some dumb injury after all that training, and I fret that I cannot, in fact, actually make it through 26.2 miles. 

This year is no different and, actually, worse.  So, today, I went to go get a massage.  It was brutal, but necessary.  The therapist said "damn" 14 times.  Really.  Apparently, I had some major knots - and felt it.  But, she did a good job working out my bum left hip and some of the residual scar tissue in my previously-separated shoulder.  (NOTE:  I should have waited until after the Packers-Bears game for that - I'm already getting tense again!)

In other news, I'm back in the 'news.'  Gwen and I made the 'cover' of http://www.iaapweb.com/.  Ceci changes the cover, so you have to look fast, but here are some screencaps to prove it:

Gee, I hope this isn't like the Sports Illustrated jinx or curse thing or whatever!

No comments: