Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tapering like a pro

Well, not really.  First, I took a spill while running in the rain on the Riverwalk Friday evening.  Nothing serious, but I banged up my problematic left hip/butt AGAIN.  Just what I needed.

What I DID need was a fun trip to see the Cowboys play the dirty, dirty Bears on Sunday. 


That stadium is just crazy.  First, we toured the stadium.
Then, Joe and Ruben got benched for their elaborate endzone dance.
We spent the night in Fort Worth, watching UT beat up Tech.  Then, it was tailgating and watching people get towed from the $70-80 parking!  And then, GAME ON!

The pregame show was performed by dancers from the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center on San Antonio's West side.

Anyway, it was one of the few times I cheered for the Cowboys, since we play those dirty Bears this week.  And they disappointed me.  And I got heckled in my Packers gear by fans from both sides.  But it was AWESOME.  And, then, I came home and realized - I have to run 26.2 miles in 12 days.  *GULP*

No comments: