Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The hills are alive. and my legs are dead.

So, the theme of this step-down weekend seemed to be hills.  Sunday, I ran 13 miles of Terrell Hills and Alamo Heights (heights and hills - get it?).  Then, Monday was the SARR labor day 5 mile whine run, which was held in the hills near the Dry Comal Creek Vineyards.  Thankfully, there were no crazy chicken with tired legs pics to post here.  Instead, I bring you the whole point of the run - wine tasting afterward (in the sprinkly rain)!


This week is my last high-mileage week before the pre-marathon taper.  So, today, after the main part of Tropical Storm Hermine hit San Antonio, I headed out for a 4-mile recovery steeplechase through the flooded and downed-tree-ridden Brackenridge Park.  At least it was flat and kind of cool, albeit wet.

Thanks to Tom Lake and Scottydog for the pics!

No comments: