Sunday, March 28, 2010

whew, what a weekend

On Friday, I stood in line for almost an hour for Cornyation tickets.  Luckily, I met Charles and Irv from http://www.beataids.com/, who kept me highly entertained during the wait.  Saturday was Bashura Bash, where volunteers clean the litter from San Antonio's waterways.  I joined up with Alamo Running Buddies for a mile-long stretch along Leon Creek - I swear that EVERY contractor dumps his/her debris down into the creek. 
Sunday morning, I ran the Get Your Rear in Gear 5k at Brackenridge Park.  The weather was great, but hours of picking up trash killed my back, so I was hurting.  So, I took a nap, then spent the afternoon battling gianormous dandelions and picking my first strawberries of the season.  (There was a lot of other boring stuff in there too, but it's definitely not worth reading about!)

Thanks to Jazzy and Tina O for the pics!

No comments: