Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Next ups

This is going to be a busy week and an even busier weekend, so I'm posting the next-ups early.  Yep, it's time for another back to back race weekend.  First, on Saturday, there is the St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Shuffle 5K in my beloved Brackenridge Park.  (I think I'm going to bike on my ton o' steel downtown for packet pick up on Friday evening, just to make it more interesting.)


Then, Sunday morning is the Run Wild for Brainpower 5K (no jokes please about my brain power or lack thereof) at the University of the Incarnate Word.

Yes, I realize that is last year's logo.  But I could not swipe a good one for this year yet.

Immediately after that, I will take a "French prostitute's (or whore's) bath" (thanks for that phrase, Mom) in my car.  Not to offend the French.  Or prostitutes.  Or whores. Or sweaty runners trying not to be stinky. It's basically a field bath - wet wipes, deodorant, powder, and perfume.  Because, I'll then head straight to the Empty Bowls event at the Southwest School of Art and Craft.  There, I will buy handmade bowls and receive a bowl or three of good soup, bread, and water from a bevy of wonderful local restaurants.  All proceeds benefit the SAMMShelter. 

And then (and then) I will probably need a nap - and definitely a shower.  For those of you keeping track, I think those are races #10 and #11 this year (run, not volunteered).

No comments: