Monday, December 21, 2009

The Crazy Running Chicken Training Plan

(or more pics from the International Friendship 10k Run in McAllen, TX on November 22, 2009)

Okay, first you drive just over 4.5 hours to the border - and cross it into Mexico.


Jenna, the Mexican Eagle, and me



Joan and I on the bridge

Then, you meet up with more buddies along the streets of Nuevo Progresso and enjoy a cerveza.


My classic rabbit-squint.  Before me on the table are a "Court Case" prayer candle, limes, salt, and Dos Equis.  All of which I could have used when I litigated and practiced family law.

And then, you wake up and run a 10k in a heavy fog among the tall palms.


In fine crazy running chicken form!

Thanks to Jenna for the pics - she actually drove and ran alongside to take the action ones (but not the beer drinking ones).

No comments: