Thursday, June 11, 2009

Next up

It should be a fun weekend, as soon as I can get through the workweek. First up, Friday night, is The Puppet:
This is a fundraiser/donor signup for The Marrow Match put on by an amazing guy (seriously - film actor, triathlete, ballerina, children's book author - he can even get hit by a car while riding his bike and sustain only minor injuries. It's like that dos equis commercial - he is the most interesting man in the world).

Then, Saturday is the Flag Day 5k/10k at McAllister Park. I will be running the 10k so that I get more distance for every registration dollar I spent. At least it will be a well-shaded run, because it will be HOT.

Sunday morning is A Walk in the Park at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. This ~2 mile walk benefits Cure Kids Cancer. I will be walking on Conor Lint's team. He was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor at 3 and continues to survive at age 5 and hope for the future.


And then I will try to catch up on sleep.

No comments: