Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HOT, Part Deux

Okay, all you midwestern wussies. Yeah, you. You know who you are. The ones crying because it is 88 degrees and feels like 92. You think I'm being mean? Well, maybe I'm just grouchy because this is what I'll be running in tonight and the rest of the week:



Yep, those 3-digit temperatures are NOT "feels like" heat index ratings - those are 103-105. Last night, I think I ran an extra 1/2 mile by crossing the street repeatedly, chasing shade. I am already drinking my 9th bottle of water today in a vain attempt to hydrate before zoo run tonight. What a great time to start training in earnest for the marathon, hey? And it doesn't get any cooler from here. (Incidentally - how the heck did I drive around here for six years without air conditioning in the car?!)

Thanks to WOAI for letting me click/steal the forecast

Sorry to call anyone a wussy. You can get me back when my teeth are chattering because the temperature dropped below 60 degrees.

No comments: