Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tired

It was already a long, busy weekend before the weekend evenbegan.  My neighbor, Emilio Ortiz, died last Sunday, so Thursday and Friday involved visitation, rosary, funeral, and reception events.  One great thing was that some of his vatos from the valley played corridos outside of the church and at the reception.  I really liked that. 

Friday night was First Friday Cruiser Ride - starting from Guillermo's then heading to a buddy's new condo at the Vidorra Condos near the Alamodome (I want to live downtown), then to Alcapulco drive in, then Beethoven Maennerchor (super crowded). 

I didn't realize how much that all took out of me, but Gwen the pitoodle did and repeatedly hit the snooze button on Saturday morning. So, we missed the start of the Dog Jog in Garden Ridge and just showed up for a beer (me) and a sausage (her).



I was going to drop in for a 5k tomorrow morning, but think I'll just hit a new trail with a buddy for free for 8 miles or so.  Then, I'm going to take my stinky self to the Empty Bowls event for some pretty bowls and good soup.  Then, I'm going to crash.

Thanks to scotty dog for the pics

No comments: