Monday, September 19, 2011

run, eat, sleep, repeat, repeat

This was the last real training week, so it was a little rough - and the temps headed back into the triple digits.  On Saturday, I headed to the "Mission Possible" 10k - the 3rd in the series of the Alamo Beer Runs.  It started at the Blue Star Brewery and ran along the riverwalk- mission reach.
 Ruben & I
Kimberly & I

The race course was pretty complex, but I kept it steady, since I knew I had a tough run on Sunday.


Afterward, there was a splendid post-race celebration, with multiple local beers, burgers, migas, bloody marys, music, and even a parking lot art thing.  So, I ate, showered, slept, ate, and slept.

And then I woke up early to head out to Fleet Feet at about 0500, to add on some miles and then run with them - all told, it was about 20 miles.  I was going to run 22, but it was SO humid, and I got sick of hearing "squish squish squish" (from my shoes, beginning around mile 5).  And then I I ate, showered, slept, ate, slept, and watched football. 

My feet and legs are tired, but I'm still not having any major issues - hopefully that continues.  Next up, Dingo & I hit the Race for the Rescues (walking - I don't need a dog-related injury).

Thanks to Scallywompus and Kimberly for the pics!

No comments: