Monday, September 12, 2011

rocking it out

I finally got to a project I have wanted to do for awhile.  Kill my front yard.  Step #1, extreme drought, was highly successful - here are the "before" shots:





Step #2:  Saturday morning, my rock delivery I have been awaiting was scheduled at 0930. At 09:30:45 - this big truck showed up.

However, as you can see, there are low-hanging powerlines across the front of the house.  We ripped up a corner of the edging and the driver performed about a 26-point turn to expertly angle the truck in - hollering "tell me when I'm about to hit those lines!"  He didn't hit the lines, and left me with this big pile of rocks (note - ratio of rockpile to podcar is about 1:1.5).


Step #2 1/2 - run 11 miles on Sunday morning - the temperature was only in the double digits, and it felt pretty good to press 'start' on the Garmin and, the next thing I knew, I was running the final stretch into Fleet Feet.

And Step #3 - slaves.  good ones. 
The gals came over and ROCKED out those rocks - the pile was demolished in about 1.5 hours!




I like my rocks - a LOT.  Now, step #4 - I need some yard art!
Tonight was a nice, but sore from pushing rocks, run under a big moon with the Muertitos -
Thanks to the gals for all the help and Ceci for the Muertitos pic!

No comments: