Thursday, August 25, 2011

training blahs

So, this somewhat gripe-y post was stolen from inspired by Kritta's post. Yeah, she's training for a 50 miler and me, just a 26.2'er.  But the gripes are the same.  This is the time of the year that I dread the shower, because it brings pain.  I pretty much permanently tape my brastraps (dumb boobs), but still end up with chafing burns over my shoulders.  I grease myself like a pig, but still get cut by my waterbelt.  I feel like all I do is run, eat, hydrate, and sleep (oh yeah, and work) - yet, I still fall asleep at red lights and any time I must sit down for more than a minute or two.  I'm actually taking a day off work to run errands and clean my house (the tumblefurs are organizing for a revolt), since I cannot fit those tasks in between weekday evening runs and weekend runs. 

But, for the most part, I haven't had any issues this training season (knock on wood or whatever I need to do).  My feet hate me, showers hurt, and my left heel/Achilles was randomly a little wonko tonight, I'm extremely tired and have no appetite, but nothing serious thus far.  So, I'm hoping to finish this with solid training (oh, yeah, partly in predicted 105 degree heat - not heat index - on Saturday) and a good run in October.  And then, I will SLEEP and start on the 'after the marathon' to do list.  Which starts with "slay the tumblefurs."