Friday, May 27, 2011

Beach to Bay Marathon Relay

Okay, I'm sorry.  I must confess, I don't think this pic is that bad.  In my defense, it was at the beginning of my run, and I hadn't gotten my ugly race pic on.  I swear I looked MUCH uglier at the end of my leg and in the ensuing mile or so.

But I TRIED to take an ugly race pic. First, I forgot my practically bullet-proof running bra and was running in a regular stretchy bra (ouch). Then, I was up until midnight, waiting for my 5th leg runner (the one who went to the wrong exchange point).  Then, I was searching the parking lot for Gary at 5:50 a.m., who drove in at 4 a.m. and slept in his truck.  Then, I was 'sirened' by a cop for going too SLOWLY over the bridge (behind other cars) to drop Alexis off.  Then, I unapologetically used the McDonald's bathroom without buying anything.  Then, I waited. And, at this point, I didn't know that, 5 miles away, I had nobody to whom to hand off.  So, really, it's a fantasy pic, as I thought that my tatas can make it through the run and, in 5 miles, I was done.  No such luck.

No comments: