Sunday, May 8, 2011

Acting like a tourist

This morning, I took a running tour of downtown, hosted by the San Antonio Office of Historial Preservation.  I love these tours.  Our guide, Bruce, was very knowledgeable about architecture and history - and historical gossip.  So, today, one thing I learned was that 'Alamo' is Spanish for 'cottonwood.'  I also learned that Emily Morgan was the yellow rose of Texas and about a famous murder in room 636 at the Gunter hotel - but the body was never found. Dun dun duuuun.

Oh, and I was kind of famous again - here was the banner at the San Antonio marina, where we started our tour
Don't see me?  Look in that lower right-hand corner

yep, that's me in the pink skirt, looking down - from last year's running tour!

And, the other thing that made me happy this morning - I finally gave up on my favorite sportsbra style, which somehow underwent a design change last year and caused me serious pain.  (I know, too much information) And I tried this puppy out - AWESOME!

That's the Champion Double Dry+ Spot Comfort Full Support Sports Bra - my new best friend.

No comments: