Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sun, soup, and swine flu

On Saturday, I ran the Run on the Sun 5k - better than last week's 5k, but my speed work still needs work. After the race was the Solar Fest - a great time to contribute clothing to Goodwill, shoes to Reuse-a-Shoe, and pick up free trees, CFL lightbulbs, faucet aerators, and other good stuff. Oh, and free Lone Star Light and no-meat breakfast tacos for runners, too!
Then, I hit the Pearl Brewery farmers' market, which is enjoying its soft opening until officially opening on May 16. There, I picked up a fridge-full of good stuff, including local tilapia and shrimp:


(Simba and Driver, the military foster cat, checking out the organic catnip I bought at the market)

Sunday, I attended the Empty Bowls event benefiting the SAMM Shelter. You buy a hand-made bowl (or three) and enjoy soup from local restaurants at the Southwest School of Art & Craft on the Riverwalk. I ate delicious poblano cream cheese soup there and brought home some asparagus marscapone soup to eat with my tilapia tonight. I gave my other soup ticket to a kid who was determined to try every variety of soup.







And, as was the case at the Solar Fest - signs of the Swine Flu times:

2 comments:

Shani said...

Only 1 suggestion refrain from eating junk food !
Ahmed Durrani
-ishkool.blogspot.com
-redopedia.blogspot.com

丽英 said...

http://www.gobrandmall.com is a professional online shop.
We mainly supply Jordan,Nike,Puma and other sneakers,
Including Jordan 2009 and other 2009 new styles of shoes.
LV,GUCCI,PRADA,FENDI and other luxurious handbags.
You can save at least 70% from here.
Shipping is free in these days.
Our website is construction now,the products will update in these days.
If you want to buy any sneakers that don’t exist in it,please feel free to contact me,we will meet your demand.
Welcome!