Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The first Wednesday of November

This day always makes me a little sad. More so in years like 2000 and 2004. The reason for my sadness, even in the midst of political relief, is that Summer is over, and I know this because zoo run is over for the year. This wonderful, unofficial, meet in the park for a 2-mile race during daylight savings time and a beer afterward has been held for almost 30 years in San Antonio. And I'm always a little sad when I don't have zoo run on Wednesday night.


Maybe I'll just do a victory lap around the neighborhood - for change. Here's a lovely pic from the final 2008 zoo run last Wednesday - with fellow runners Carl and Jerry - Gwen the pitoodle was on the other end of that leash - but was more interested in cheesy poofs than ugly race pics.

Thanks to Carolyn for the pic!

No comments: