Monday, April 9, 2012

No race weekend

After an expensive week or so (limping Gwen's vet visit, my knee MRI, tire damage...), I did not race this weekend and instead did fun stuff like working overtime and cleaning the house.  On Sunday, I planned on getting some yardwork done, working on correspondence for the Women's run, and walking/running the Women's run course.  Unfortunately, as I sat down for my pre-productive day bowl of fruit, I noticed that Vaca the cat was panting.  Panting is NEVER a good thing for felines.  So, instead, I spent most of the day at the vet's - and Vaca spent the night.  And then I spent enough on diagnostic testing to melt my credit card and put my vet's future child through a year of online courses.

All told, Vaca got this crappy furcut
and a diagnosis of cardiomyopathy.  Not great news and incurable, but manageable.  My giant orange cat, Rojito (RIP), was diagnosed with the same during treatment for hepatic lipidosis, and he lived large for 3 more years (and did not succomb to heart disease).  So, now the critters are on more medications than me (so far - MRI is pending), but we are chillaxing --
Next up: Providence to Pearl 5k, more OT (vet bills, remember?!), and maybe a Sunday race

No comments: