Friday, June 17, 2011

Instincts

in·stinct/ˈinstiNGkt/Noun


1. An innate, typically fixed pattern of behavior in animals in response to certain stimuli: "predatory instincts".

2. A natural or intuitive way of acting or thinking: "rely on your instincts".
 
For Gwen the pitoodle, instinct somehow means building nests
For me, when marathon training hits- it means sleeping every chance I can and making big batches of pasta salad out of whatever I have.
 
Here was tonight's dinner - if I remember right, shell pasta, bay scallops, fresh corn off the cob, cukes, bell peppers, red onions, sweet onions, hardboiled egg, slaw mix (free), fresh basil, fresh parsley, organic mayo, a little olive oil, wine vinegar, garlic, fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. 
 
I have a problem in that I usually don't feel hungry until my blood sugar crashes.  It's nice to have this around for those times and, since those times happen more often during marathon training, maybe, this time, I'm actually prepared.
 
Speaking of instincts - here is a Simba who is prepared to exercise them while I type.
 
Next up: Carrabbas HM relay in the morning

No comments: