Monday, February 7, 2011

GREEN BAY!

Ah, what a game!  Here I was at Cowboy Stadium back in September, predicting the outcome:

 (marking the spot where Nelson needed to land for his 4th quarter TD)
(and showing the refs what they would be doing, repeatedly)

I retired the Favre jersey in favor of a Matthews one for last night's game.  My buddies did ask just how old my dusted-off cheesehead was (circa 2001, after I lost my first cheesehead in the divorce settlement).  But, after a rough season, my boys did it and brought home the Lombardi trophy.  And it was great. 

I've been getting messages from friends far and wide that they thought of me when they watched the Packers win.  I'm sure it's not because I'm an obsessed, crazed fan.  I'm just like all the other Packers fans - appropriately and vehemently obsessed and crazed.

Today at the dentist, the doc asked me where I was from.  When I said "Milwaukee, mostly," he said "you must be a very happy girl today."  Yes, I am!  And, he showed me his (properly date stamped and documented on Facebook) pre-game predictions: 

"Dr. Austin's Super Bowl XLV Pick...
Packers 33 Steelers 27. Take the over. Aaron Rodgers will be the MVP. Steelers will have 3 turnovers which will be the difference in the game. On the defensive side, BJ Raji will have a field day with the Steelers patchwork offensive line."

Other than Raji's field day, he was dang close!  As I deal with the end of another football season, albeit a wonderful one, I guess I'll just have to run some more races to fill my empty football spaces.  Next up:  Fuego 5k Saturday.