Sunday, February 13, 2011

flashbacks

Today, I went to see "You say tomatoes" at the Cameo theater.  It was funny - especially with Judge Kazen portraying an uptight English recluse. On the way back to my car, I encountered two of my greatest fears in that neighborhood - child cheerleader competitions and trains. 

When I was training for the Dallas marathon, I had to repeatedly run around the Alamodome (1 mile each loop) - while they had a kiddo cheerleading competition.  There was a lot of hairspray and makeup involved.  And, at this past year's San Antonio Half Marathon, I was stopped by a loooong train that looked like this - just blocks from there. 

So, this is kind of my bermuda triangle of San Antonio.

(picture taken with my phone, while waiting ~5 minutes for the train to pass, with a bunch of kiddo cheerleaders)

No comments: