Thursday, February 19, 2009

So what didya do anyway?

Broke myself, that' s what. Man, it is hard to get around with one arm. I fought an ATM for 10 minutes today - and it won. I don't think you realize how much you use your non-dominant arm until you need $40 from your checking account or try to grab a bad dingo dog's collar. And I don't have a dishwasher, so I'm sure you can hear me screaming in frustration - major twisting is involved in dishwashing by hand. I so want use of both my arms - and, though the pain has thankfully diminished, I can still feel the instability of bones sliding in my shoulder (without the connecting tendon, the joint is not stable) - ewww.

So, here's a little pictoral of how it happened: I would post pics here, but it hurts to mouse, click, and type. So you get links. Here's the start - I'm wide and in red with the ponytail - looking into the dark, dark yonder. Here's the blind finish #22. I'll try to post decent pics - once I heal and get back to full service! Apologies for any one-handed typos. I'm off to re-ice my bum shoulder
Thanks to Chris M for the pics








No comments: