Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to back race-free weekends

Well, last weekend, there weren't any local races, so I ran an easy 9-miler with buddies downtown. Afterward, I indulged in cheeeeeesy nachos at El Milagrito. This weekend, I would run the Stampede Rodeo 4 miler, but I will be out of town:



Yep, it's rodeo time in San Antonio again. They actually ran the cattle through downtown last weekend and the Spurs packed up for their rodeo roadtrip (their game floor is already covered in dirt). I never quite understood the joy of raising an animal to sell for slaughter, but I do crack up when the kiddos "mutton bust." Instead, I will be at Seeker Ranch, where they raise Brangus cows for slaughter (*sigh*), celebrating my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. Definitely more fun than a 4 miler!

No comments: