Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ringing in 2014

Holy cats - it is already 2014.  At the nascence of each year, I like to think what the coming days will bring.  Right now, I'm thinking only four more years of payments on my vacation home student loan.  But, I'm sure there will be more to 2014 and beyond than that nasty thing, which is now more than my mortgage.  Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be lawyers.

I rung in the New Year with a fantastic fireworks display at Adrian & Darlene's casa - with the multiple (professional) fireworks lighting up the horizon.  Then, I hit the SARR Cobweb Chaser - a fun 5k (unless one maybe stabbed her quadriceps a little TOO hard with the Enbrel - I was sore).  But, it's always a nice time to come together and celebrate with local runners.

 Check out that fancy jacket Gretchen gave me...


 With Scottydog (he ran 75 races last year)
 with the old school crew - guarding the beer
 And with Gargamel, the escape-dog who returned home after a year

Sadly, the new year also brought the news that a runner was stabbed to death in a San Antonio park.  I did not know her, but the event hurt the whole San Antonio running community - which is really a collective conscience.  I am terrible about taking off on a run without telling anyone, wearing headphones (low, and just one), running by myself at strange hours, not carrying a phone, and, really, making myself a target.  So, let's promise each other that we will be more careful, and run in peace, Lauren Bump.

Thanks to Ceci, Scottydog, and Tom Lake/SARR for the pics

No comments: