Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wildflower Women's 5K

I was going to run the 10K for this beautiful run through a wildflower farm, but I figured it was better to drink mimosas in the morning after 30 minutes of running, rather than 60 minutes.  So, I headed up to Fredricksburg for this pretty 5K run.


This place looks a little like my house

I wanted one of those balls - but they were pricey.

So, I ran like a crazy running chicken through the flower fields...



Then I chowed on a delicious brunch (scrambled eggs with tomato, spinach, and feta should be required at all races), washed down by mimosas and beer

And some wine
And then I bought way too many cacti, yard art(s), and herbs



 Thanks to RD, Billy G in his Hawaiian shirt

Packing the prickly plants in the podcar

And, I made it out without completely melting the credit card on this baby - $3k.  Since I'm turning 25 for the 16th time this year - someone should probably buy it for me!


All in all, a delightful run.  Next up: Beach to Bay Marathon Relay.

Thanks to Run in Texas, Michele, and Dulce for the pics!




















.........

No comments: