Monday, May 27, 2013

Beach to Bay Marathon Relay

I'm a little behind in posting - and, really, everything.  I was going to catch up on EVERYTHING this weekend, but I got tired and, well, this happened Friday night/Saturday morning...


Yeah, that purple section in the center - that's me.  We got around 12 inches of rain in 24 hours.  And San Antonio does not know what to do with rain...

 that's a city bus - about 1.5 miles from my house
and US 281 - about 2 miles from the house.  It didn't open until early evening on Monday.

So, while I'm paddling/drying out - here are the ugly pics from the Beach to Bay Marathon Relay on May 18, 2013 - from Padre Island to Corpus Christi, TX.  It was HOT - and I ran the last leg, after sweltering in the sun in the middle of a park for about 3 hours.  (I know, I'll be running in 100+ degree temps soon and laughing the whole way - or maybe just running - but May is always a difficult acclimatizing time.)  All the better to make some funny finish line pics....

that's a bit of crazy running chicken
but I didn't want to leave other birds out - so here's a little goose-step
And here, the buzzards were circling this full-out crazy running chicken.

Thanks to MV Productions, WOAI, and TransDOT for the pics.



No comments: