Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Well, I ran the Donovan's St. Patrick's Day 5k last Saturday in the cold and wet, but it felt better to post in now, when it's closer to St. Patrick's Day and practically Summer outside.

My knees were still killing me, so I actually wore compression tights.  I hate running in tights, but my knees needed help (as you can see from my finish time).

Here's the before:
and with my buddy and fotog, Scottydog
At least I made it through this race without falling down - here's the frame-by-frame finish



and a fine crazy running chicken finish - or maybe that's a new pose - T Rex?
But, it was worth it - at the finish, enjoying a Harp Ale
I'd also like to send a BIG congratulations to my buddy, Amy, and her husband, Chris, with whom I had the pleasure of sharing dinner recently.  They adopted this guy (Beckett) in San Antonio - and I'm picking him up on waivers for my mostly-nephew 2025-2030 Green Bay Packers Offensive Line.

Thanks to Ceci, IAAP, Scottydog, and Amy for the pics.

Next up - Alamo 13.1 half marathon on Sunday.  This may hurt (a lot).

No comments: