Sunday, August 8, 2010

Long run recovery

Still no races here.  But, it was the beginning of what I think of as the (really) long runs for marathon training.

This morning, I woke up at 0345, so I could get on the road to run 17 miles.  I still didn't beat the heat, the humidity, or the sun.  After these runs, I generally enjoy a beer with buddies (purely medicinal), eat a bunch of food, take a shower, and crash.  Sometimes, I take an ice bath to help my legs recover, but (since I do not have a bath tub) the latter involves dogs, slime, and a kiddie pool, so I passed on that option. 

Tody, I simply went straight to the couch crash - with a Simba compress.  This is pretty much what it always looks like (from my point of view):


I don't recommend this for everyone - Simba only likes Sally.

No comments: