Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jalapeno Zombie


This morning, I ran the Jalapeno del Sol 10k trail run. It was similar to the Chupacabras and the Cupid, but run IN THE LIGHT! Yes, it is much easier to run when you can see where you are headed. And, I did not fall down or injure myself, which is quite remarkable for me on a trail run.

This eight year old paced me for the first 3-4 miles - he was great - energetic, steady, and easy to see over. Then, he slowed down a bit and I managed the rest of the race on my own. (Family - notice that he has a Nantucket shirt.)

I decided to take a break from the crazy chicken look and go for zombie. Do I have eyes?

ah, yes, there they are - pretty close to salted shut.


And here is the inglorious finish. Thank goodness I did not fall down, since I have to run 17 miles tomorrow.

Thanks to IAAP for the zombie pics. Thanks to the kiddo for leading the way.

No comments: