Friday, July 31, 2009

Rain?!


I know, I know - this has become the weather blog. After almost 40 days of 100+ degree days this year (yeah, quit your whining, NW Coast), and no rain, the 1/10th of an inch we got yesterday evening was AWESOME. Of course, we had a Brak Pak BBQ (really sandwiches) planned, but we did it in the drizzle.

The best part of all was that the temperatures dropped into the high 70s, and running felt like flying when it was so cool. (Overnight temperatures haven't even been getting out of the 80s lately!) So, this is tonight's forecast. I am not holding my breath that I will get another 1/10th of an inch of rain or that my lawn will miraculously come back to life, but I like it.
And I am just going to pretend this is not true for next week:


No races this weekend and it is a step down training week, so I'll be running a nice, easy 9 miler while the temperatures climb back up to 3 digits. *Sigh* It was fun while it lasted.
Thanks to WOAI for the weather

No comments: