Sunday, September 8, 2013

Running with the alligators (again)

As you may recall, I ran into a big alligator (NOT literally) in the Florida Everglades this past January during the Ragnar Relay.  This past Friday, I ran past two smaller (about my size - each) alligators...behind a fence....at the zoo.

Alligators are not native to San Antonio, just in case you didn't know.  But, Friday night was the Zoo Relay in Brackenridge Park - it's a 4x2 mile relay on familiar paths, but the last 1/3 mile or so is through the zoo.  Guess what?  It was hot.  So here's how it went:
Already sweating. Then there was the run.  I won't lie - I stopped to look at the alligators, turtles, cheetah (he was hiding), and flamingos.

And then I pretended I ran the whole thing like a champ.
 
And then I took a little nap while running into the finish


Luckily, I woke back up - after I remembered those alligators are still on the other side of that fence to the house right...

 
then I tried to look tough. 

 But ended up looking like a crazy running chicken



Yep, same old same old - alligators and all.  Oh, and recovery and all...






Thanks to Ceci, IAAP, Emily, Victor, Bertha, and Michele for the pics.  Whew, 2 minutes before bedtime before tomorrow's 10K...

No comments: