Monday, February 4, 2013

Superbowl 7K

So, when I said I was cutting back on racing, I meant it, but not in the form of running fewer races.  For the record, I am not registered for any half marathons or longer distances in February (just a fewsixorso other races).

None of which occurred on Saturday - when I responsibly worked overtime and did not run.  But, on Sunday, given what I knew would be a fairly dull Superbowl by my standards, I ran the Superbowl 7K, representing the (not playing, obviously) Packers.  It was a fun course, beginning at the HEB arsenal and winding through King William, Southtown, and the River Walk South (complete with steps and 1,000ish runners crowded onto a 3-foot wide path). 

Next up - back-to-back 5Ks this weekend - MUCH better than back-to-back half marathons, I think.  In the meantime, feel free to check out the SARR February 2013 newsletter, featuring Guinness Book of World Record holder Larry Macon and the Brak Pak - (almost) equally famous, I also think. 

Thanks to Scottydog for the pic.

No comments: