Sunday, July 8, 2012

Whew - July ALREADY?

I've been running a little ragged here lately - literally and figuratively.  So much so that I overslept on my birthday and missed the Freedom 4 miler!  Not that such a misstep stopped me from joining in the post-race festivities.


This Saturday was the inaugural Free-da's 5k at the University of the Incarnate Word (my friend and frequent fotog, Ceci, was the race director) - I managed to wake up (EARLY!) for this hot race!  Here I am photobombing Ceci's race pics
wait for it....
ahhhhhhhh!  Sallybombed.

half crazy running chicken, half zombie.  Afterward, I did a little crazy running chicken cool down while I promoted the Women's 5k (yep, it's July 21 - eek)
and after the sweat dried




Then, I ran 12 hot, humid miles this morning - and iced my knee while enjoying fruit from Las Nieves (two blocks away ~32 ounces of fresh fruit, including mango, coconut, and pineapple for $4).
Yum.  Next up, Alamo Beer Series race #1 on Friday night - then, I scramble like a Sallybadger to get ready for the Women's 5k.

Thanks to Ceci, Tom, IAAP, and SARR for the pics

No comments: