Thursday, May 10, 2012

Physical torture-apy

I really, really don't like doctors or any type of medical personnel.  And I really, really don't like knee pain.  But, the latter requires the former - and I was off to physical therapy today.  But I'm still counting on the coyote cream my buddy, Victor, gave me - I believe in curandero therapy.




But back to physical torture-apy.  So, my right quads are atrophied (2 cm smaller than my non-dominant left - because I'm limping and accommodating). I don't think she believed me when I told her I ran a half marathon on the hurting knee (damn Trinity hills).  Anyway, due to my cruddy/cheap health insurance, I have 4 more visits there and this to do at home - at least twice a day.  Seems simple, but it hurts.  As she said "simple, but EFFECTIVE."

and now on order - foam roller (I've meant to get one for a long time), smallish rubber ball, and a kickball.  After this heals, I'm going to invent an awesome game that combines cricket with a foam roller, kickball, and dodgeball - with a rugby-esque drink up.  It's going to be epic, and nobody should sustain any subluxed patellae.  As long as they don't fall down on concrete.

No comments: